In 2021, one of the largest financial firms in the world committed to doubling down on their established principles of inclusion and equity. Their mission: to bring their more than 15,000 employees around the world together; to listen to and educate one another; to unlock the potential of the entire organization by making sure every voice is heard, now and into the future. But how can a company this large and complex, spread across the entire globe, achieve such a lofty goal and navigate these crucial, difficult conversations at scale?
The process began with the development of a series of “Inclusion Dialogues,” aimed at fostering and teaching the skills necessary to cultivate inclusive environments. The program was designed by experts specializing in DEI education in coordination with our client. Collective Next—after working with those experts and helping to refine the dialogues further—led over 1000 small-group conversations, navigating global logistics and facilitating countless hours of difficult, inspiring discussions. And each session concluded with a personal commitment from those involved to find opportunities to affect change on their teams.
- CN coordinated a diverse group of 30+ professional facilitators from around the globe including the US, Germany, Australia, Japan, China, UK, France, and the Dominican Republic.
- We provided full support for those facilitators, guiding and assisting them through the content with training, regular check-ins and updates, logistical coordination, and evolving guidance for navigating these discussions.
- As many as 22 sessions per day were facilitated over the course of six months.
- Over the course of six months, over 11,000 employees participated in the dialogues.
- 91% of organizational leaders and 83% of managers took part in the conversations.
- Participants reported in surveys to be overwhelmingly satisfied with the sessions overall and with the facilitators’ performance in particular.