Koya Leadership Partners is a leading executive search firm dedicated to placing exceptionally talented leadership at mission-driven organizations and institutions of higher education.
Their tag line, “The right person in the right place can change the world” was fitting for an event that we had the pleasure of attending in March.
Koya had the idea to use the opening of their beautiful new office space in Boston as an opportunity to host an evening of meaningful dialogue on the topic of diversity and equity on nonprofit boards. The objectives of the evening:
- Create space for the conversation about the lack of diversity on nonprofit boards in the Boston community
- Take the pulse of the Boston community’s concerns, ideas, and thinking around this topic
- Identify and build a community of stakeholders who are interested in continuing the conversation and exploring actions
Our support of the evening was in two areas:
- Creating a single illustrated board that represented attendee responses to the question “What makes nonprofit boards strong and effective?”
- Scribing of a panel discussion on the evening’s topic of nonprofit boards and the importance of diversity and equity
The panelists included leadership from Koya, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Massachusetts Bay, and Partners Healthcare, along with a board member from Boston Children’s Hospital.Back